About the Workshop
Now that Intellectual Property Office (IPO) of Govt. of India has notified 27th November, 2016 as the date of the Patent Agent Examination, 2016, it is imperative for aspiring Patent Agent to look out for preparatory courses which can help them in clearing the exam.
Since, there is no substitute to self-learning, The Tamil Nadu Technology Development and Promotion Centre (TNTDPC) of CII in association with Dr. Feroz Ali & LexCampus is launching a one day Self-Preparatory Training Workshop as part of complete Self-Preparatory course, specially designed for the participants who want to achieve the level of knowledge and skills needed to clear the Patent Agent Exam.
This self-preparatory course is the first one of its kind which requires the aspirant to go through a free foundational course (Foundations of Patent Law) online before attending the one day workshop. These online videos help the participants to understand the fundamentals of patent law, to know the requirements of patentability, to learn how to read patent specifications, to analyze patent office procedures and court cases and to develop the basic understanding for drafting a patent. It introduces the foundations of patent law and helps in understanding the domain of patent law better and in preparing for the Patent Agent Examination. The introductory course covers the syllabus of Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the Patent Agent Examination. The course is available at : http://lexcampus.co.in/courses/foundationsofpatentlaw/
Why you should attend
- Hand-on training on Navigating the Act and Rules.
- Session on Patent Drafting includes exercises on drafting of title, abstract and claims.
- Session on Solving Problems in Patent Law will cover the 2013 Question Paper.
- Training by the best experts in the field of IPR.
- Each session will end with Q&A for clearing doubts.
- LexCampus will offer email support to queries.
- Certification from Confederation of Indian Industry and LexCampus.
- Session-1: Learning Patent Law Through Concepts
- Session-2: Understanding the Patents Act and Rules
- Session-3: Patent Prosecution: Procedure, Forms and Fees
- Session-4: Solving Problems from the 2013 Question Paper
- Session-5: Principles of Patent Drafting
- Session-6: Exercises in Patent Drafting: Title, Abstract and Claim
Dr. Feroz Ali is the MHRD IPR Chair Professor at IIT Madras and the Founder of LexCampus. He is also a practicing lawyer specializing in contentious patent proceedings and has represented clients from different industry sectors before the High Court, Intellectual Property Appellate Board and the Patent Office. He holds a Master’s Degree in International Law from Trinity College, University of Cambridge and a Doctorate Degree in Patent Law from Duke University, United States. He has authored three books on Patent Law.
Pre-requisite for Attending the Workshop
Participants are required to go through all the online tutorials/videos before attending the one-day workshop. Videos are freely available at www.lexcampus.co.in and at the LexCampus YouTube Channel.
Rs.8, 000/- inclusive of 15% taxes per participant. For more details visit us at: http://www.lexcampus.co.in/
For more information contact:
Anjana V | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: +91-9710 353587
Mohamed Mustafa| E: email@example.com | M: +91 9500164184